Meet the topical Bulldog

New PBIS prevention/intervention specialist

Meet the topical Bulldog

Anahi Griego, Reporter

There are many new teachers welcomed this year at Sierra Linda, from history teachers to math to science, etc. but the one that holds all the new exciting events that supports students is the new PBIS Prevention/Intervention Specialist, Yesmina Puckett.

PBIS stands for Positive Behavior Intervention Support, it is school wide program that helps create a positive school culture and it enhances academic and social success for all students.

“I believe in recognizing the good things students do instead of the bad. I really like Sierra Linda a lot, go Bulldogs! Everyone here is so friendly and welcoming, it’s great.” said Puckett.

Puckett has many plans this year. She plans to do as many student support groups as she can, she is organizing the students Bulldog prizes and also teachers are going to get prizes as well.

We got the inside scoop on her personal life.

Where were you before you came to SLHS?

“I just moved here from Nebraska and I had gone to graduate school at ASU then I went back to Nebraska and I realized I missed Arizona.”

In your spare time you enjoy doing what?

“Inmy spare time I like to go swimming, spend time with my future husband and my pets and do yoga.”

What do you do to get inspiration or ideas for school events?

“I’m always really inspired by young people that are doing things to change the world or their community better, to make their school better and by their enthusiasm.”

Who is your hero?

“When I was in high school my childhood hero was ‘N Sync and Oprah.”

What is your favorite childhood memory?

“My favorite childhood memory is getting to travel while I was in high school when I was a part of the music program and band like New York and Chicago, getting to be involved in my school and to be active in school spirit.”

Puckett congratulating senior student Megan Murphy for her excellence at school.