Lady Bulldogs Spikers Having Success

Volleyball program winning

Victor M. Venegas, Sports Editor

Lady Bulldogs Spikers Having Success

Volleyball program winning

Photos courtesy of yearbook staff

When you say high school Fall sports, you usually think of Friday night lights and football.

Well here on the campus of SLHS things have changed and a new spirit has infested the volleyball program

All 3 teams are off to great starts and weekly have been competing at a high level.

“The season is going better than last year it has to do with the new players” said varsity coach Matias Diaz he went on to say they’ve worked well with playing their positions

The varsity girls overall record is 3-11 with match wins against Glendale, La Joya and Maryvale

“The season started off great but as the teams got harder it became a struggle to defeat the tougher opponents. As a team we have definitely progressed and I look forward to next season with my volleyball family.” said Varsity player  Samari  Williams

IMG_0127 IMG_0027 (2) IMG_0047 IMG_0054

JV VOLLEYBALL UPDATE

Coach Figueroa is working some of his winning wrestling way onto the JV volleyball team.

“I think the JV team is doing as good as expected, they are very dedicated to become better”

The JV girls overall record is 4-11 with match wins against La Joya Community, Glendale, and Maryvale

“Volley ball is life” said JV player Myara Chavez when asked how she felt about the sport.

IMG_0400 IMG_0410 IMG_0449 IMG_0376 - Copy

FRESHMAN REPORT

“The seasons going really good , they’re [freshmen volleyball players] learning a lot, they’re learning how to play volleyball at a higher level.”

The freshman girls overall record is 7-8 with match wins against Glendale, Peoria, South Mountain, Maryvale and Buckeye Union.

IMG_6901 IMG_6847 IMG_6857 IMG_6874