Yearbook Barks Loud

National Buy Your Yearbook Day a success

Julissa Hernandez, Reporter

Did you know yearbook is the only class where you pay to see the student’s homework? Well on October 22nd it was National Buy Your Yearbook Day across the U.S. The yearbook crew met and executed their well thought out event that took place on campus. They also took the time to promote on Facebook (Dawgpoundmedia) and on Instagram (slhs_) to get the word out about the sale and event.

Editor-in-chief, Julissa Hernandez sends out social media message about sales while staff look on.

At lunch, the yearbook staff hosted a game where they asked volunteers to dig their face into a pie to search for a gum then the first to blow a bubble won. The winners, Mathew Coral and Victoria Corral, won a bag of different candy and glasses provided by Balfour.

Representatives from each class searching to find the bubble gum during yearbook lunch activities.
Senior Victoria Corral winning B lunch yearbook activity.

They created a great buzz by posting memes and reminders about the sale online all week. The goal was to sell at least 20 book and they met that goal by selling 21. They made it clear that there are only 300 books and the books are selling fast. Right now they have about 80 sold and counting. The sales are moving in a positive direction.

The highlight of the day was the revealing of the yearbook cover. The theme this year is “Large And In Charge”. The meaning of this theme is exactly what it states. Each year student body gets larger and larger with each class, club or sports trying to surpass each other. The yearbook staff wants the students to have that sense of ownership in what they do and for everyone to take charge and create traditions for the other classes to beat.  “Large And In Charge” is a theme that will open up students to express their pride for Sierra Linda.

15546

There will be 5 in the book that will highlight events that took place in each section. Also, if you want to make your own video and want QR codes to post in your friend’s yearbook you can purchase QR bar codes and stick them in anyone’s yearbook. The cost for 50 QR codes is $15 with the purchase of the book, however if you don’t want a yearbook but just the QR codes to put in your friends it’ll only be $20. The videos last 30 years and you can replay them for many years.

52525

“I thought the yearbook staff worked extremely well together and I appreciate all the S.L.H.S students that took advantage of the special price. I feel extremely sad for all the students that have to pay full price at the end of the year.” said Mr. Larry Ross

Advisor Mr. Ross all smiles at staff meeting.

For many students they don’t purchase the book because they don’t know how the ending result will look like. So we asked a couple of the students that already bought one why they decided to purchase the yearbook?

” I bought a yearbook this year because I don’t want to forget memories this school has given me and to show how my school looks like to my future kids.” –Ryan Santos 15’

“For the memories in high school and for all my friends and teachers that I want to remember.”                  – Jasmyn Leyva 17’

So if you haven’t bought your book yet visit the bookstore before or after school to get a form! Or you can purchase online at www.balfour.com