Cheerleaders balance life and stunts

Kaitilyn McFarland, Reporter

The cheer leaders have the most school spirit and positive vibes. They support our teams, motivating them to get a win for our school. They practice feverishly until they get their techniques, stunts, and chants down.

The long hours and numerous days of practicing were organized and planned by the cheer head coach and English teacher Ms. Adelina Franciotti. Under her direction along with JV coach, Ms. Sushlya Perez, and freshman coach Mrs. Bleshea Young, all three served as role models for the girls.

“From last year to this year I would say that we are 10 times better. Our varsity team has 14 returning seniors, they have been on the team since freshman or sophomore year. They’ve been stunting together, cheering together for a while now. Our skill level has increased. We have more girls on the team and do more complicated things.”  Franciotti said.

As the fall cheer season came to an end the cheerleaders reflect back on what they will miss most about the season.

“The most I will miss about cheer is going to practice every day and working on my stunts and getting better at them. Cheer is really difficult because it takes a lot of patience, coordination, and dedication”, said Rebecca Vasquez 15’ .

6+4654

People may think cheer is simple but they don’t realize it is a struggle to maintain school academics and on top of that to have a social life that involves dating, work, family, and other extra-curricular activities.

“The biggest struggle in cheer is trying to juggle school, cheer and your life outside of that. With long but well worth it practices, trying to keep your grades up to standard and making sure you will have a life can sometimes be a bit much, but being a cheerleader we always pull through. “ said Mercydes Rendon 17’

654