Bulldogs over power Vipers

Junior Dontae A. and Senior Kacy T. explode with 13 points each

Victor M. Venegas, Sports Editor

The Bulldogs were looking for a win against the Vipers in their home game on December the 15th. Verrado played well but were eventually out done by the Bulldogs 56-44.

Head Coach Jousha Haagensen said “I thought that we did a lot of good things we played with energy, defended really well and put the ball in the basket.”

Sierra Linda started off the game strong pushing the Viper defense back using teamwork to pass the ball around the court.

The Bulldogs gained the lead early on and did not lose it throughout the game, leaving Verrado trailing behind. With all signs of tension  between the players gone unlike last week, the Bulldogs performed like a well-oiled machine. Quickly getting rid of the ball looking for open teammates and open lanes to score baskets.

At the start of the third quarter Sierra Linda did not waste any time and picked up right where they left off at half-time. Sierra Linda’s defense was working well together limiting the Viper offense.

“We didn’t do our best, but at least we got the win” said sophomore point guard Ahmire G.

Junior point guard Dontae A. and power forward Kacy T. led the team both scoring 13 points.

Sophomore shooting guard Chicago T. (#22) scoring a layup
Head Coach Jousha Haagensen during a timeout explaining to his team how to maintain their lead
Junior point guard Donte A. (#3) scoring from three point range