It’s a new sheriff in town

SLHS new student resource officer

Chicago Thomas, Staff Writer

On March 24, 2015 SLHS hired its new student resource officer, Brian Eaton. He is replacing officer Brandon McCombs who went back to local patrol.

Q: Where are you from?

I was originally born in California, when I was a kid we moved to Indiana.

Q: What do you like to do on your time off?

I just had a baby so most of my time off is hanging out with my baby, my wife, my family. I enjoy going out camping, hunting spending time outdoors. Any time I can get out of the heat down in the valley I go to like Prescott, Payson, and Flagstaff that’s what we love to do.

Q: How long have you been a police officer?

A little over seven years

Q: Why did you choose to become a police officer?

I originally was a soldier, and I loved being a soldier but it was really hard to go overseas and leave my family. So I thought what was the closest thing to being a soldier without being a soldier, so decided to become a cop

Q: How long were you in the military?

A total of 15 years

Q: What is it that you like most about your job?

The most about this specific job is that I can actually have positive contacts with kids. Instead of chasing kids over walls, or busting for curfew, or finding them in a park doing something wrong. I get to have positive contacts with them and that will hopefully have a positive effect on their life down the road.

Q: Did you choose to come to SLHS?

I didn’t choose to come specifically to this school but I chose to become a student resource officer.

Q: What’s are your goals for this school?

To share as much knowledge and wisdom that I can with the kids now so there better prepared for life once they graduate and to make better choices and be better citizens.

566
Sarahi Ponce (17) greeting officer Eaton after school