Art Club

Things are about to get sketchy after school

Art+Club

Natalia Salas and Audrey Hernandez

Natalia Salas & Audrey Hernandez

Things just got a whole lot artsy, as Sierra Linda has its first ever art club! Ms. Dima, the clubs sponsor, has many activities planned for the future of the art club.

Art club is the new and improved way for students to socialize and express their talent to the world! Speaking with Ms. Dima she shared her reasons why the club was formed.

dima

Ms. Dima, new Art Club Advisor

1. What motivated you to start the art club?

“This is the first year I had a bunch of kids interested, I’ve started in the past and I haven’t really had a good turnout. This year I’ve had a lot. I’ve had the same students for years now, all through high school so I thought why not, let’s do this!” Ms.Dima

1. What impact do you have on the students?  

“I would say a lot, because they always want my opinion on their artwork and critique or opinion on their artwork, I’ve had students that take the class from freshmen to senior year” Ms.Dima

1. What college majors did you have?

“I have a bachelors in fine arts, I have a post back in ASU in secondary education, a masters in educational leadership and an administrative certificate.” Ms.Dima

1. You didn’t care how long it took you in college?

“Why not you have all the time in the world” Ms. Dima

1. What activities do you plan to do in the future for the art club?

“Hopefully I want to raise money and go to the phoenix art museum, ASU Ceramic Research center. They’re all free so all I have to do is get a bus. The Ceramic Research Center has a print making museum so that’d be fun. I would like to compete in a chalk drawing competition where you make a huge mural and compete with other high school” Ms. Dima

Students and new members shared their reasons for joining

1. What interested students of being in the art club?

k

“I like seeing people artwork and ideas, I I’m just so fascinating by it even though I’m not that good. I could learn from other peopleZully

m

I just love art and the people I’m with, my friends told me “hey you should join the art club” so I decide to go see if it was for me and its better than going home and doing nothing productive.” Manuel

They meet every Tuesday right afterschool in room-507, join!