Malala Tells Her Story

Image courtesy of msmagazine.com

Image courtesy of msmagazine.com

Kimberlyn Gardner, Staff Writer

There is a new PG-13, movie called “ He Named Me Malala” that was released on October 02, 2015.
The movie is about Malala, a girl who was shot in the head by the Taliban. She was a normal fifteen year old girl who loved to be at school. Her message is stand up for what you believe in, no matter the consequences.
It started in 2007, when the Taliban took over the mountain-town of Mingora. The Taliban soldiers stopped every car at checkpoints and pulled out the passengers. They thoroughly checked the cars to find anything illegal, DVD’s, alcohol, and anything else against the harsh Islamic laws. The children, especially the girls, were too scared to attend school.
The girls were not allowed to go to the school, anyways. Malala, however, still went to school. She believes that the girls should have the right to learn and get the same education that men do. Malala was shot in the head by a Taliban activist, pretending to be a student, on her bus.
Malala tells her story on what it was like to live in fear and still go to school. She followed her dreams and stood up for her beliefs.
The movie has made a little less than $61,000. It is ranked as 648th in the documentary genre. The movie is a total of 87 minutes long, produced by Davis Guggenheim, Walter Parkes, and Laurie MacDonald. The movie distributor is Fox Searchlight Pictures.
You can watch the trailer here at: