Heroic Homecoming Float Competition

FCCLA and 2019 Take Top Honors

Jeremiah Arcilla, Staff Writer

On Friday, October 23rd before the football game, Sierra Linda’s classes and clubs gathered in front of the school’s gym to represent themselves for the Float Competition.

The clubs who participated included FCCLA, HOSA, Senior Culinary Arts, Dawg Pound Media, Dance Company, and Be a Leader Club. In the Club Float Competition, Yearbook won 3rd place, Senior Culinary Arts won 2nd place, and FCCLA won the grand 1st place.

In the Class Float Competition, the Senior class won 3rd place, the Junior class won 2nd place, and the Freshmen class came out on top for 1st place with their super abstract float.

All floats were displayed in the parade at halftime during the football game where hundreds of fans were able to see them.

Club Float Winners:

yr

3rd place – Yearbook Club

“We interpreted our idea with tying the superhero theme into Yearbook because we are superheroes that record the school’s history one day at a time. Big thanks to Makaila Jacobs for making it happen!” said Diana Orozco, Yearbook Club President.

2nd place – Senior Culinary Arts Club

“We were sitting in class and tried to come up with the most unique float we can. A lot of us were throwing ideas, it came down to us creating a football field and to tie in the theme we had superheroes added to make it seem as they were playing”, said Culinary Arts member Lupita Bautista.

1st place – FCCLA Club

“When we were given the idea to create a float to go along with the superhero theme, we thought about how our club is invincible. We all have a strong bond and in a way we’re all superheroes”, said Vanessa Rojo, FCCLA member.

Class Float Winners:

Image-1

3rd place – Senior Class

“The idea behind our design was to make a comic-like city with many hints of red. The red represents the Senior Class school color. We had a giant speaker as a part of the city to play music and let everyone know that we are a class of having fun”, said Jeremiah Arcilla, Senior Class President.

Photo

2nd place – Junior Class

“We designed the float around the flatbed and we came up with the idea to make buildings. Then we added many creative pieces to it like the Bulldogs vs. Lobos pictures and we created the action words all over the city buildings. We also added lots of glitter to make it awesome!” said Stephanie Najera, Junior Class Vice President.

frosh

1st place – Freshmen Class

“We wanted to incorporate the theme of homecoming into our float, that’s where the buildings and superheroes came in place; but, we also obviously wanted to represent our class so that’s why we painted the trailer grey, put grey balloons, and instead of a batman signal on the float we did a 2019 signal”, said Maria Vasquez, Freshmen Class President.