Rattlers Poison Bulldogs

First game of the season team falls short

Jorge Sapata, Sports Writer

On Friday August 26 the Bulldogs took on North Canyon Rattlers in a tough fought game losing 47-19 in front of a loud and packed student “white-out” crowd.

The Bulldogs had a rough first half in stopping the Rattlers offense. The Rattlers scored 34 point in the first half and the Bulldogs scored 6 with Christian Briceno scoring the first touchdown of the season with an explosive 64 yard run.

“Scoring the first touchdown felt exhilarating. I saw the open gap and did exactly as I was taught, and it resulted in a 64 yard run.” said senior Christian Briceno about scoring the first touchdown of the season.

In the seconded half the Bulldogs defense came together and holding the Rattlers to only a 8 point second half. The offense scored 13 points  in the seconded half. The coaches introduced a QB triple threat by switching between  JJ Player, Xavier Saenz, and Kyle Roberts.

Loud student section represented at home opener
                                                                                                                                                                    Photo by Mr. Ross

img_4284

Mr. Victor Aguayo is supporting the Bulldog Nation

img_4200

”The game did not go quite how we hoped, but there were some good things we saw, and other things we realized we need to spend more time working on. The good things we saw were that the kids did not give up. They continued to fight and play for the entire 48 minutes.” said first year head coach Louie Contreras