Young Team On the Rise

Rebuilding Stage For Our Football Program

Jorge Sapata, Sports Writer

The Bulldogs are done with the season dropping the last 3 games to end with a recorded of 0-10. The young football team had a hard time finding a win this season. The future of the program is in the rebuilding stage.

“I’m not making any excuses. We are sitting down with the coaches to come up with a action plan to set up goals like how to get kids out there, I say the next football season starts in 2 weeks at the end of November. We have to get out there and get those kids in the weight room and start lifting as soon as we get them out there.” said Dr. Renouard, SLHS Athletic Director

The players on the varsity team are kids who don’t give up. who are getting better every day and are the future of the next 2 years for varsity football team but what about the years after that? Is the future of this young team in trouble?  With the freshman football team being canceled because of to many players failing their classes and not having the depth.

“I like that these young kids have not quit or given up. It is very easy to mail it in when the season is going the way that it is, and we have had several kids  who have quit and mailed it in, but these kids still fight and work to get better every day and that bodes well for our future.” said head coach Luie Contreras about this young team.

img_6611

Jalil Mitchell connecting with Christian Briceno on the 4th down play for the 1st.

img_6880

Gerrele Minter getting a sack on the Willow Canyon QB.

img_6489

Cristian Williams on the kick off cracking the returner for a loss of yards.