Catching up with Yesenia Bradley

Class of 2012 alumni leads class by being first to earn Bachelors degree

Photo courtesy to Yesenia Bradley

Photo courtesy to Yesenia Bradley

Diana Lopez, digital journalist

Yesenia Bradley was a part of class of 2012, the first graduating class from SLHS. After high school she attended Grand Canyon University and received her Bachelors in Psychology. This awesome accomplishment made her the 1st student from SLHS to graduate and receive a Bachelors degree.

After taking a year off she still continues to do great things. She is going back to graduate school and is currently working towards her Masters in Professional Counseling with an emphasis in children and adolescent disorders.

“I hope to be a children’s counselor one day!” said Bradley.

fullsizerender-jpgddedddddddddd

Photo courtesy of 2012 SLHS Yearbook

SLHS 2012 Dance team members. Bradley is seen in middle row on the end

img_0151-jpg-yesenhoco-jpgeeit3

Pictured with HOCO, Bradley was the first Homecoming Queen in school’s history

Were you involved in anything at SLHS?

“While at SLHS I was on the varsity cheer squad, student counselor, National Junior Honor Society, dance, and theater. I was very busy!”

What was your favorite thing about SLHS?

“My favorite thing about SLHS was being in cheer and dance and performing at pep rally’s. I also would say that I really liked the teachers there, you won’t find teachers like that who will all care so much for you and truly mean it!”

What would you recommend to someone that has goals, but feels like giving up ?

“My advice for students is to continue reaching your dreams. No dream is to big and there will always be obstacles in anything. But that is just life, life will always throw different tests at you and you’re always given a choice.

I would also say take advantage of all the support you have there. I’m not a math person and my last semester of college I felt like giving up and didn’t think I was going to pass, I contacted my old math teacher from SLHS and she helped me pass that class! I would go to SLHS after class and would get tutored for hours!

Every teacher at that school is so kind and wholehearted that it is always okay to ask for help. SLHS has helped me in so many ways that I will forever be thankful for all that they have done for me.”