2017 Here We Come

New Year, New Me?

2017 Here We Come

Natalia Vazquez, digital journalist

As 2016 comes to an end many of us wonder what 2017 has in store for us and others are planning what they want 2017 to have in store with them. New Years Resolutions can give you the chance to make that change that you didn’t make the previous year. Here are the most common ones:

TOP 10 NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS

Stay fit and healthy 37%
Lose weight 32%
Enjoy life to the fullest 28%
Spend less, save more 25%
Spend more time with family and friends 19%
Get organized 18%
Will not make any resolutions 16%
Learn something new/new hobby 14%
Travel more 14%
Read more 12%

Graphic source www.nielsen.com

When students and teachers were asked what they have planned for 2017 and their thoughts on this year, here is what they had to say:

Jessica Contreras, ’18

“2016 was not a good year because I had a lot of problems. The beginning was fine but the rest of the year did not go as planned. It was stressful. I feel like I am ready for the New year and My new years resolution is to not procrastinate as much.”

Michelle Pacheco, ’19

This year was not a good year because after winter break Freshman year became complicated and I was very stressed over the summer. There were very few good moments of 2016. My New Years resolution is just to have a positive attitude so I can have positive outcomes and I feel like I am ready for this New Year.”

Mr. Valev, Chemistry Teacher

“It was a great school year for me. It was successful for my academic performance because I was involved after-school with sporting events and such and as a result I grew relationships with teachers and students. In my personal life, my wife found a new job and my kids are doing great in school, I am proud.  For the new year I want to support my school more and focus on the professional learning community so I can help other teachers. I want to improve my teaching skills and develop more activities for my students. For my personal life I want to keep being strong and supportive for my family. I am ready for 2017. “