Class of 2018 Home Alone

Fresh set of paws, make their mark.

On August 4th 2014 the freshman class of 2018 attended the annual Freshman Focus Day.

The day was organized by counselor Mrs.Ostrowski, and the SLHS staff. The purpose was to give freshman students the opportunity to get familiar with the SLHS campus.

“We set it up this way [because]…we know that the transition into high school can sometimes be scary, so we want to make it as comfortable and easy as possible,” states Mrs.Ostrowski.

The day included students rotating to each of their classes. Inside each class teachers taught a “focus” that would help students when the addition 1200 plus, students arrive on August 5th.

kids white

“I was hoping I didn’t get lost” said, Mitch Casey, who is one of the new members welcomed to the Bulldog nation, about his first day attending Sierra Linda.

The Day also included an Activity Fair that allowed students to go to the gym snd meet coaches and club sponsors.

“The difference from middle school and high school is a lot more rules, and freedom” said freshman Rae Willis.

Freshman Focus Day ended with a mini pep assembly that got the class of 2018 fired up to finally be Bulldogs.

orange

I was very pleased with their ability to listen and show respect.” said Principal, Mr. Madrid when asked about his first impression of the class of 2018