Lunch Time Band Performances.

Lunch Time Bands

Today on the 5th of September, an event that took many us, but not all, by surprise. A band well-known in Arizona valley, Corridor Sixteen, performed covers and originals on the black-floored stage of the Sierra Linda High School cafeteria in order to promote themselves, but mainly entertain us Bulldogs. With merchandise being tossed and handed out, the student body got a taste of what a Corridor Sixteen concert feels like. Freshies to Seniors enjoyed their “ordinary” school lunch with an extraordinary performance from Arizona’s own. A fellow student with a heart of gold and a social personality she wears on her sleeves, cheered the boys on with the biggest smile she could conjure up. Thrill coursed through everyone’s being as Jacob struck the drums with rhythm and Jude strung the cords of his guitar whilst singing. Believe it or not, the best part topped off the whole event like whip-cream on a strawberry-short cake. Free tickets were being given out via E-mail to those who signed up for them. The boys blew students away with their original “Bulletproof”, and amazed the crowd with their covers of “Sugar, We’re Goin Down” and “Uma Thurman”, both by Fall-Out Boy. A student quoted, “I’m so happy. I was so happy in that concert, I was so happy,” after being asked about the experience. The same student even got a shout out from the vocalist of the band, Jude, for being, I quote, the “loudest one in the room”.
With free shirts, wrist-bands, and concert tickets the lunch period ended in reluctance as students hurried to get a quick photo with Corridor Sixteen, but slowly the crowd dispersed and classes started up again. Sierra Linda is definitely looking forward to the return of Corridor Sixteen and maybe some other surprises throughout the rest of the year.