This is not a Goodbye, But see you later

Dr.Renouard gets deployed

Dr. Renouard with son, Johnathon Renoaurd Photo courtesy of Ivonne Arballo

Elicia Lueraharris, Reporter

On October 22nd 2014, a farewell send off for Athletic Director Dr. Renouard took place in the gymnasium. The hour long assembly, dedicated to Dr. Renouard’s consisted of several heartwarming speeches, one from a student athlete, a coach, student body president, and Mr. Madrid, the principal. The student body also presented him with a Marine Corps flag signed by the entire staff. In contribution the Marching band played the National Anthem, and the United States Marine Corps Hymn.

Dr. Renouard is a Logistics Officer in the United States Marine Corps, and will deployed to the Southwest Asia region for a year, “I will be providing training and logistical support to the host nation military,” Dr. Renouard informed us.

On campus, Renouard is in charge of being accountable for all student athletes, athletic programs, and clubs. “I was sad to be leaving my family and SLHS for a year” stated Renouard when asked about his thoughts after finding out about his latest mission.

“I will miss Dr. Renouard not only as a colleague, but as a friend” Mr. Madrid, the principal, stated, “We have shared a personal friendship throughout those [seven] years.”

Renouard is married, and has one child, Johnathon Renouard. “I would say missing my family and attending my son’s club soccer game [would be the hardest part about leaving],” he said.

Renouard has been in the Marine Corps for 27 years, and this will be his third deployment overseas.

“My biggest fear is not living up to the expectations of my command.” Stated Renouard, “However, I am well trained and have 27 years of experience which gives me the confidence to carry on and be successful.”

Dr. Renouard presenting head varsity Girls Basketball coach, Desirae Carranza with Coach of the year award, for the 2013-2014 season. Photo courtesy of www.sierralinda.tuhsd.org
Dr. Renouard presenting head varsity Girls Basketball coach, Desirae Carranza with Coach of the year award, for the 2013-2014 season.
Photo courtesy of www.sierralinda.tuhsd.org
Dr.Renouard, athletic director interviewed by Channel 3 Photo courtesy of www.kpho.com
Dr.Renouard, athletic director interviewed by Channel 3
Photo courtesy of www.kpho.com