PAWS student of the year

Number one Bulldogs of 2015

Ivonne Arballo, Editor-In-Chief

Throughout the years students collect their PAWS cards to win fun prizes in the quarterly raffle. P.A.W.S stands for (Professional, Action, Working together, and safe). It is a program that lets staff members and teachers reward students for their good behavior. Sierra Linda has adapted the PBIS program for the last three years and has been very successful.

On the last month of school 4 students were chosen by teachers to be the P.A.W.S students of the year.

Freshmen student Dominic Zambrano won SAFE, sophomore Ahmire Gaines won Work together, junior Zyanne Bazter won Action, and senior Giovanni Huerta won Professional.

Freshman Dominic Zambrano (SAFE) PAWS winner said “To be safe paws students of the year feels great I try be the best I can be. School is what is going to get me through life. I have to push myself to succeed.”

Sophomors Ahmire Gaines winner of (Work Together) said “I represent by always trying to set an example for everyone. I try to bring happiness and joy and affect people’s lives in a positive way. Inspiring others brings to my heart and that’s what I try to do. Every day I try to just have fun with everyone and make them smile or help them in a time of need. This is how I show P.A.W.S and imp round to be a Bulldog.”
Junior Zyanne Baxter, winner of P.A.W.S (Action) said “I try my best in all my classes. I give 110% with all my assignments I turn in, I never settle for something less when I know I can do better. I always try to have fun and enjoy whatever I’m doing which is how I take action as a Bulldog.”
Senior Giovanni Huerta, winner of P.A.W.S (professional) said “I try to be as professional as I can be in school. Anyone can be professional all you need to is always be the adult in a situation, take action in a professional way.”