JACKie of all trades

GCU rep opening doors for SL students

Alexis Jurado, Staff Writer

Have you ever met a college representative that is so helpful, and genuine?

Well one of the biggest opportunities here on campus is to meet GCU administrator/recruiter Mrs. Jackie every Tuesday in the Future Connect Room located in the Media Center.

The Future Connect Room is a resource center located in the media center where students have full access to get help with college information. The information in the resource center has lots of data on a majority of colleges, such as GCU, ASU, UofA, NAU, the army etc. Mrs. Jackie is here every Tuesday from 9:20 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to help out our students that may have any questions about college and what they can do to start the college process.

She gives students the advantage of getting the help they need, so they can get a better understanding of college. Students will have the ability to meet face to face with a well experienced college admission representative.

Mrs. Jackie is well experienced and has worked at GCU for about 8 years. She has got the chance to work with thousands of students get ready for their future. She was able to see all the growth in the students at GCU. She loves helping students get ready for college and is there to help you every step of the way.

Q: Where are you located?

“I am located in the future connect room, inside the library every Tuesday. You can also see me at lunch in cafeteria and visiting  select classroom

Q: When are you here on The Sierra Linda Campus?

“I am here on campus every Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.”

Q: How long have you been serving the Phoenix Community?

“I have been serving the Phoenix community for 4 years.”

Q: How did you create the Future Connect Room?

“I visited Sierra Linda and wanted to help the Sierra Linda family by creating a room where students can find information on colleges.”

Q: What do I have to do to meet with you?

“You come to the library and sign up on a large white board outside the library and I will make an appointment and call you out of class when it’s your turn.”

The future Connect Resource Room where Jackie is located
The Future Connect Resource Room where Jackie is located

Jackie and Thunder at GCU
Jackie and Thunder at GCU