Walking in fashion

Boots are the winter style!

Walking+in+fashion+

Priscilla Ruiz, Reporter

Girls are fancy, winter is the most amazing season to express our way of dressing. Boots are the main staple and there are many kinds.

The boots that are most worn during this season are knee boots and combat boots. Knee boots and Combats can be worn with jeans, dresses, skirts, leggings and in some cases shorts. Knee boots and Combat boots are even worn by famous celebrities for example, Kim Kardashian and Selena Gomez.

Elisa Cruz 16’ Rocking her black boots with nice navy jeans

Knee boots were first introduced to skiers in the 1800’s. There had been many injuries in the knee area so they developed boots that would cover the knee, according to the website, of a kind.

Native Americans were the ones who introduced them to the fashion industry. Until today Natives are the ones who make them.

Famous designers also create them such as; Michael Kors, Guccio Gucci and Kayla Suede.

Sierra Linda female students have been rocking this style this winter. The colors most worn

are brown or black.

Inderella Aguilar 16’ posing with her shinny brown boots

According to Magnum Boots, Combat boots were first developed for soldiers. In the 1970’s when punk rock first started combat boots was part of their culture.  Combat boots can also be worn by men.

are brown or black.

Allexus Plath 15’ walking to class in her brown boots with nice burgundy leggings
  Photo Courtesy of Larry Ross Stephanie Lopez 15’ chilling in the bookstore with her brown boots and nice white sweater
Photo Courtesy of Larry Ross
Stephanie Lopez 15’ chilling in the bookstore with her brown boots and nice white sweater